Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Design Crush: Lauren Conrad

A lot of people will be biting their tongue in the near future for thinking this girl is ONLY a celebrity.

Lauren Conrad is most known for her role on the MTV reality shows, Laguna Beach and The Hills, but she is quickly making herself a household name through her creative career pursuits. Why? Because she is ONE smart cookie, and a girl that never let go of her dreams.







While I personally loved both shows, I understand as well as the next person that reality television doesn't always bode well for the lives its inflicted on. Especially when both shows had moments of questionable credibility and spawned sensationalized characters, labeled things like "Herpes Simplex 1 and Herpes Simplex 2" -(lol thank you Chelsea Lately.)  It's amazing that anyone makes it out alive, let alone successful.  Even in her TV days, Lauren Conrad knew how to rise above it.  Hey, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade...or...a clothing line, a book series, a successful blog, another set of books, another clothing line, another blog, and won a variety of awards.


So, let's get down to business and talk about these clothes. Affordable fashion is all the rage right now and LC by Lauren Conrad at Kohls, is making a killing. I may be a bit late, but when I first came across this collection, I took every single thing into that Kohl's dressing room, EVERY. THING. and that's not like me at all.  There's a stigma that comes with celebrity fashion lines- that it's just a fancy name to try to sell some clothes- but not in LC by Lauren Conrad's case. As I astutely recall from The Hills, her resume includes FIDM, Teen Vogue, and People's Revolution, so we can assume she knows her stuff.

The Kohl's line is great.  The affordable casual-wear is in all the trendy cuts of the season like you would see at a Forever 21, but are done in a very focused color palette and come in a decent assortment of sizes and colors.   Once you see these clothes in person, you will know she has a very nice eye for detail, color, and print. The first trip I bought three adorable tank tops, a sheer long sleeve shirt, a cute 3/4 sleeve layering piece, and a marvelous pair of bold stud earrings. All I could think was, "She must know me or something." I get nothing but compliments when I wear something from the line. Also, the pieces are fairly versatile, and for example, look good with both jeans or a dressy skirt.  I cannot say enough how obsessed I am with her pattern choices.  I'm used to seeing seasonal collections with 1 or 2 exceptional patterns, but her spring collection is loaded with pattern, and I'm in love with nearly all of it. LC by Lauren Conrad is a cheerful, preppy collection, full of pieces 100% on trend for Summer 2012. I highly recommend it, and after you sign up for all the Kohl's coupons/deals, it's like they're giving it to you!  Her fame no doubt has influenced the success of her designs, but the girl has great taste. 
Lauren's recent Glamour Cover
Lauren Conrad also has her Paper Crown line, of equal adorable classy-ness, available to check out on her site http://www.laurenconrad.com/  Also, check out her books, blog, and for more info, see her Kohl's bio here.  Yay Lauren Conrad!


Love her in this Nanette Lepore from her Seventeen Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment