Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pinterest Finds: Classic Magazine Covers

If there's ever one thing I collect obsessively, it would be magazines, old and new. It may take me a grand total of 20 minutes to get through one, but I think it's the little graphic designer that reveres all magazines as books of art.  They're also a fun thing to ask people to bring back for you when they travel abroad.  It's always fun to gush over every little clever design choice made.  So until I make my fortune and purchase and frame every vintage/classic magazine cover I see, my Pinterest hoard will have to hold me over for now.





Get ready for a blast from the publishing past!



The 1910s








The 1920s










The 1930s







The 1940s




The 1950s






the 1960s



...and it's not just golden age thinking:
Today's magazines can be equally iconic.









To learn more about the vintage covers featured or to see more like it, you can find them on our Pinterest Board located here.  All of the images above are linked to their original source. Enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment